Sunday, May 20, 2007

Final Wiki edit

For my last Wiki edit I edited the Gorham High School page. When I went on the age I noticed that the picture I put up for my previous edit was missing. I can only assume the picture was deleted because it was copyrighted material I put up. I deleted the line of hypertext that referred the the picture. Next I added the grades that GHS serves (9-12). I did this because not all highs schools have the same grade structure and it might be good to know. Lastly I added another external link to a page that had some more information (principal contact info, office hours, etc.) that a person can access if they wished.

Over the semester this article did not change substantially, mostly only with personal edits, save for the deletion of the picture. The page is pretty sparse, but I have laid a good base for someone to come in and add greater detail to it. It was a good experience building my own page from scratch, but it was difficult at the same time. I began, similar to how you suggested making a web page, by copying someone else's page and tweaking it to make it my own. The hardest thing I did was add a picture and the easiest was making the incremental edits. I hope someone from GHS finds the page and adds to it or maybe another GHS alum can do the same.

No comments: